loading old CFM externals disabled

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
Pimptre$$
loading old CFM externals disabled

Post by Pimptre$$ » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:53 pm

I am able to open the MsPinky_MPTCFS patch, but after I open it, the MAX window says "error: Macintosh HD:/ Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling'74/externals/MPTCFS~ : loading old CFM externals disabled

What does this mean?
How is it affecting the performance?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:20 pm

CFM stands for "Code Fragment manager" which is an ancient MacIntosh computer format for storing programs. Suffice it to say, it's completely obsolete at this point and is no longer supported. So please just ignore the old externals. They are only there for legacy purposes.... just in case someone still needs to run a very very old version of Max/MSP. For anyone using the newest version of Max/MSP, just ignore those externals.
Pimptre$$

Fixed it!

Post by Pimptre$$ » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Yay I fixed it!
I just had to delete it in the external folders. Also I had 2 copies of the same file and that is a NO NO in MAX.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Ahh!! Good-- get rid of all those crusty old externals (the ones with names in ALL CAPS). And yes-- you should search your entire hard drive for any duplicate copies of the externals and delete them or they can wreak havoc.