simple modification requested

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
Bas
simple modification requested

Post by Bas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Hello MAX-ers,

I'm a user of the MaxiPatch software - for implementation in my new show, I want some (pretty simple) modifications to the software. However, I'm so rusty at MAX that I can't get it done myself. I hope anyone here is willing to help.

If you'd like to know who you are helping out, this is my MySpace:
www.myspace.com/artsthebeatdoctor

What can I offer to the person helping me out? Well... gratitude to the end of time, a "thank you" + link on my myspace page, and a copy of my latest release (mp3 + 2x7" vinyl) delivered to your doorstep.

===

These are the modifications I would like to have:

I use a midi crossfader to cut off the sound of my scratches. If i couple that same fader to the maxipatch-crossfader the image turns black when I set the fader to left (I only use the right part of MaxiPatch). I'd like to change this behaviour to do these actions when i fade to the left (value < 2):
- Freeze the image immediately
- Fade to black over a short time (to be set by the user)

Then when the fader goes to the right again, I'd want the fade to black to dissappear immediately, and the video to play again at the position the vinyl is then (so not just start playing at the freezing point). I think the easiest way for this all is to use absolute timecode values, and to stop the timecode audio when fader value < 2. (that wouldnt take care of the fade-out ofcourse, but it would work for the image-freeze I think)

This is my main request. If this is not hard to do, i have another one:

A feature to make the image "brighter" (more white) when the speed of the vinyl (forwards and also backwards) exceeds 1. And less bright when it falls below 1.
The result of this would be, a non-changed video when the vinyl just plays, but a brighter image when i start scratching, which darkens when i reduce the speed of scratches.
I think the brightness should be scalable by the user (a 1 on 1 relation of speed to brightness might prove to be too hectic), and this function should be bypassable.

I would like the result of the patch to be compiled (because I dont have a working version of MAX on my mac).

I hope someone is able to do this, and that my questions arent too bold :)