MAX LOOPER

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
hydro
MAX LOOPER

Post by hydro » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi there havent been on here for a while. Not sure if im posting in the right bit!

Anyway.

Reason for posting is that about 2 years ago i made a foot pedal activated looper in max msp designed to use with mspinky and regular records.

The looper in its self was functional and good fun, however at the time i was on some jazz shit, like "i dont want no quantize!!" But what happens is that the loop start to drift, which although at times can be fresh and at other times very annoying.

So to cut a long story short i bought the 9 month student package of max/msp which has no ran out, so cant go back in and add quantize, plus ive forgotten a lot of max basics!! lol.

So if any body wants to have a go and fix this and obviously have the looper for their own use or anyone elses then ill post it and you can do your wonders!

The looper at the moment has 8 buffers/tracks, you use midi messages on keyboard or mpc to mute on and off tracks. And to erase tracks, Loops can be of different lengths.

This was designed with making turntable/skratch but obviosly can be used for other tasks

Any questions feel free to ask,
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:21 am

Really cool!

It is a "old" demand from our community... please share more details!

I'm just starting with maxmsp coding but I could give all the help as I can!

If you want I could make a "new entry" at my blog to search help.

www.luhtierlab.com (is the place where I try to share Ms. Pinky news and live looping/turntablism knowledge)

;)

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms