pinky crashing max 4 live (xp sp3)

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
systmcrsh
pinky crashing max 4 live (xp sp3)

Post by systmcrsh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:20 am

max 4 live is working fine with live's included effects (pluggo, etc)

afaik i got all of pinkyy's files in the right place.

anytime i attempt to load pinky, live crashes with "a serious program error has occured"

i removed pinky completely from the max 4 live folders and 1 by 1 copied a few of pinky's files at a time and relaunching live attempting to narrow down what files would lead pinky/live to crash.

it seems to me that the following files lead to a crash: pinky_pushbutton.js & pinky_textbutton.js

*meaning* that if i copy all of pinky's files into the right place EXCEPT those 2 files, pinky will load in live without crashing... but the effect wont function because you cant press the play/stop buttons etc.

as soon as i load thos 2 files, the serious program error occurs. not sure if this is a pinky, live, or max issue.

windows xp sp3, live 8.1, intel

\MaxMSPWinXP\patches\Maxi-Patch\Javascript\pinky_pushbutton.js
\MaxMSPWinXP\patches\Maxi-Patch\Javascript\pinky_textbutton.js

hope this makes sense, long day :/
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:11 pm

The javascript files (.js) are used by Max's <<jsui>> object. If that's what's causing the crash, then you need to report that to Cycling-'74 because I have absolutely no control over the <<jsui>> code.

The only external object that Ms Pinky supports directly is the "mptcfs_sa~" object. To see if mptcfs_sa~ is causing a crash, please make a totally new patch and just load the "mptcfs_sa~" object, and send it a few commands as documented in the patch "MsPinky_MPTCFS" (included in the patches download).
systmcrsh

Post by systmcrsh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 am

yeah i didnt mean to imply it was faulty on pinky's end necessarily

thanx for releasing the max stuff... ive never really messed around with max... i decided to replace the ui buttons with live elements thinking that it would be a little more stable (in live), then got a carried away stripping out all the non-live elements... a bit bare, but i only use pinky for scratching right now -> as long as it loads the file and lets me scratch, im happy. i couldn't figure out how to use the live ui's waveform display, but as far as functionality - so far so good ;)

dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Excellent!! This is exactly what M4L is all about-- making your own patches.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:47 am

The issue is not save avariable demo...

:(

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms