coloured waveforms + 45rpm on 33rpm vinyl

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
enjoi
coloured waveforms + 45rpm on 33rpm vinyl

Post by enjoi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:53 am

hi folks - been working up a max patch for really simple audio only djing —— just familiarising myself with the [mptcfs_sa~] object and had some ideas that i'd like to try and implement. in turn these might be quite useful additions to the maxi-patch.

1:
after playing with serato quite a bit, i found the colour-coded (frequency-dependent) waveforms to be really useful as visual cues of where you are in a file.
upon a brief glance at the [batch_waveform_calculator] file, it seems all of the calculation is done in the external rather than with max.
i was hoping it would be possible to do a non-realtime FFT calculation and store the average frequency energy as an extra column in the wvf file.

perhaps some advice as to how to view the waveform file could be given?

2:
i'd like to be able to play my 33rpm vinyl at 45rpm at times as i'm often playing sets with a bunch of 12" records at 45 and find the change in rpm a little off putting.

this seemed simple enough until i realised the decoding + file playback all happen within the same external.

is this something that could be done in the max environment, or would this also require reworking of the external itself?

thanks for your help and support folks!
been enjoying ms pinky for a while now, and would love to start giving back to this community!

trent
JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm

ANY Luck with this?

I'd also like to see the ability to choose vertical waveforms.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Booth things are made with external objects and it means recode but let DLP talk...

It will be cool coloured waveforms and vertical display really...

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms