BinkyToy

Topics regarding MsPinky's BinkyToy Application
timmm
BinkyToy

Post by timmm » Mon May 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Hi,

I'm getting closer and closer to having saved enough money to buy Ms. Pinky.

All I want to do with it is use the Vinyl control with my iTunes music.

Does BinkyToy give me access to my iTunes-Library or do I have to open both windows and drag the files? Can I just drag a song on a turntable and vinyl control (including starting the song) works?

I have no real idea of the software so it would be cool if someone could post some screenshots of using BinkyToy. Right now I'm trying to figure out whether I need to buy Max MSP or if Binky is enough for me.

Again: I don't need any effects, I just want my imported CDs to be controlled by my turntable.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: BinkyToy

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue May 09, 2006 2:38 am

timmm wrote:All I want to do with it is use the Vinyl control with my iTunes music.

Does BinkyToy give me access to my iTunes-Library or do I have to open both windows and drag the files?
You do have to open both windows and drag the files from iTunes onto BinkyToy. Takes a little getting used to but is easy to do.

timmm wrote:
Can I just drag a song on a turntable and vinyl control (including starting the song) works?
That's not the way BinkyToy was designed. However, you can do this very thing in Maxi-Patch (both Audio-Only and Audio/Video versions). You can drag files directly from iTunes onto the virtual decks and they will automatically start playing, with vinyl control engaged.

timmm wrote:
Right now I'm trying to figure out whether I need to buy Max MSP or if Binky is enough for me.

Again: I don't need any effects, I just want my imported CDs to be controlled by my turntable.
Both BinkyToy and Maxi-Patch can certainly allow you to control music files (AIFF, WAV, MP3) with your turntables. And I'm sure you're aware that to use Maxi-Patch (both the Audio-Only and the Audio-Video version) you DO NOT have to purchase Max/MSP. The apps work standalone.
timmm

Post by timmm » Tue May 09, 2006 5:11 am

that#s cool, thanks for the answer!