BlinkyToy on intel Mac

Topics regarding MsPinky's BinkyToy Application
saad
BlinkyToy on intel Mac

Post by saad » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:37 am

I just got my Ms Pinky.

Maxi patch works great, but i want to use blinky toy and nothing. I'm just using my internal audio interface on my macbook for the time being, till i get another sound card, and i hooked up my turtnable to the input of my laptop, set up group 1, with built in input and built in output, and i get nothing, i cant even hear a normal record.

Maxia patch works fine.

any ideas?

cheers

saad
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Binky Toy is not Universal Binary (Intel) compatible

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:59 pm

Unfortunately, Binky Toy is programmed using Code Warrior Development tools, which are obsolete at this point and do not produce Universal Binary (Intel) compatible apps. So basically, before Binky Toy will be ready for the Intel Macs we'll have to re-code the entire user interface (GUI) part of it. The signal processing guts of it have already been ported to the Intel machines (it's the same code as runs inside of Maxi-Patch).

So not yet... but we're definitely working on it. :cry:
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Check the new build of Binky Toy -- Intel-Compatible

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:55 am

Well, thanks to the good folks at Apple, we've now been able to port Binky Toy to Universal Binary form! It actually turned out to be way easier than we previously anticipated thanks to some recent improvements to XCode and thanks to some very very useful articles on the Apple developer site :lol: :lol: :lol:

So-- please check the new version 2.4 UB of Binky Toy -- FREE to all members of Ms Pinky's Fan Club.