filename vanishes

Topics regarding MsPinky's BinkyToy Application
drox
filename vanishes

Post by drox » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi there peoples,

Thanks for making a great peice of software pinkstah!

I have been using binky toy a fair bit lately and everything is running pretty smoothly, but at times the name of the file that I am playing vanishes, but the file still plays and the waveform is still present. See pic for a better visual on it.

It doesnt seem to be one specific file, and when it happens the visual feedback stays the same until i reboot. Not a big problem, I just thought id let you know.

my setup is g4 tibook 1gig ram, beringher preamps, motu 828 mk1 osx 10.4.8, binky toy 2.3.2

cheers!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:49 am

Bizarre. I've never seen that happen. Are you sure it's not just that you have selected white as the color for the filename text???
My suggestion is that you choose another color for the filename text, and for the scrolling lists. Go under Edit-->Preferences and choose something like black for the background color for scrolling lists, then set some other color (NOT white) for the filename text.
drox

Post by drox » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:31 am

dlpinkstah wrote:Bizarre. I've never seen that happen. Are you sure it's not just that you have selected white as the color for the filename text???
My suggestion is that you choose another color for the filename text, and for the scrolling lists. Go under Edit-->Preferences and choose something like black for the background color for scrolling lists, then set some other color (NOT white) for the filename text.
Thanks fo the speedy reply pinkstah!
I checked the settings for the text colour when it first happened.

I know you sometimes get silly questions.... but ive tried everything on my system that i can think of to fix the problem.

And as mentioned it works fine for a while 1-2 hrs or sometimes it happens within a few minutes.
Heres a pic of when its just been booted.

Ill go and try trashing the prefs and see how that goes. Like i said its no problem really.I just thought id let you know.

Im actually going to start using the pluggo plugin now it has some of the features ive been waiting for......