Weird skipping problem with 5th gen CDs

Topics regarding MsPinky's BinkyToy Application
bragi0
Weird skipping problem with 5th gen CDs

Post by bragi0 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:13 am

Hardware: Macbook Pro (core2 duo), Motu Ultralite, CDJ-1000s going into the ultralite

Input Config: 3-4, 7-8 stereo-in. Usually 96kHz, tried 48kHz and 44.1kHz too. MP-5 Absolute demod.
Output Config: 3-4, 5-6 out.

Under Maxipatch-AO everything works perfectly, but under BinkyToy I get skipping. Every second or so it skips forward a fraction of a second (sounds wicked on glitch, makes it impossible to mix)

I've tried different sample rates, I've tried different inputs. I've tried selecting all the different generations of MsPinky vinyl. Changing generations away from 5 obviously didn't help, but I'd hit the try-anything stage. Strangely enough the only thing I found that fixed it was to go into the vinyl demodulation tab, hit the dropdown for vinyl generation. While the dropdown was open the skipping stopped. I could cue, scratch, change pitch, everything was perfect. Of course as soon as closed the dropdown it started skipping again. It skips in relative and absolute mode. It skips in the wrong generation of vinyl (though the speed or direction will be wrong all over, obviously).

Reading the manual isn't helping me, but then it is getting late :?

Any ideas?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Please download new build of BinkyToy UBX 2.5

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:27 pm

Ooops!!! :wink:

That problem was entirely my fault. I've fixed it and uploaded a fresh build of BinkyToy_UBX version 2.5. Please discard the version you have and download the new one.
bragi0

Post by bragi0 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:09 am

Thanks! I'll test this out this afternoon.
bragi0

Post by bragi0 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:48 am

I can confirm the skipping problem is fixed for me.