BinkyToy emits a high pitched noise with "Built-in Outp

Topics regarding MsPinky's BinkyToy Application
dfdnatural
BinkyToy emits a high pitched noise with "Built-in Outp

Post by dfdnatural » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:45 am

Hi there,

For the most part I have BinkyToy working great, but I've got one small problem that I'd like to sort out. Anytime I switch either of the "output device Grp"'s to "Built-in Output", a high pitched noise is emitted through the built-in output. Everything works fine if I use one of the Connectiv outputs.

Any idea what might be causing this? At first I thought it might be the timecode but now I have heard the timecode and this isn't it (plus it will produce the sound even if a record is not playing).

Below are two screenshots of the settings when the sound was being emitted. (I happen to have been playing at a record at the time but note that the record was playing in Group1 and the sound was emitted out Group2 (my headphone jack on the laptop)). Also, as I mentioned, I can reproduce the sound without a record playing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might have. The software is working great for me otherwise!

Setup:

2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro
Connectiv
Ableton Live 6.0.7
Torq Vinyl
OS X 10.4.10
Pluggo 3.6.1
BinkyToy_UBX version 2.5

dlpinkstah
Site Admin

limitations of CoreAudio

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 am

I think the problem is with the USB clocking, very fundamental problem. The built-in audio output device can't synchronize properly when the input device is selected to be the Conectiv. I'm sorry, but that is never going to work. When using the Conectiv, you really should stick to using Conectiv for both inputs AND outputs. YOu could try to create an AGGREGATE DEVICE using the Conectiv inputs and the built-in audio outputs, but why would you ever need to do that???? Dude-- please KISS (keep-it-simple-Simone):wink:
dfdnatural

Thanks

Post by dfdnatural » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:45 pm

Great, thanks for letting me know the issue. This definitely isn't a big deal for me. My receiver is in the shop getting repaired right now, so I am having to get creative about setups to play around while I wait. I am sure I'll be able to set everything will be fine when I get it back. Just wanted to know if there was a simple fix.

Thanks again!