Maxi-Patch 3.7.3: Loop and Cue Points, improved waveform!

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:20 am

Somehow that other software you installed has destroyed the "Arial" font in your OSX86 install. The "Arial" font is the font that is used by most of the GUI elements in Maxi-Patch. You may have to re-install OSX86. You could also try deleting the Maxi-Patch AO/AV preferences files in "YourUserName/Library/Preferences/".
bizmuth

Post by bizmuth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:25 am

thanks for the help! I'm off to fix it right now.

EDIT: Done! All I did was copy the Arial font from the iMac to the Mini 9. Apparently I had deleted ALL of my fonts in an attempt to save disk space a while back. Thanks for sorting this for me.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 pm

New features look wicked, I can't wait to try out with the control vinyl later :D

Some comments though:

When you hit the play loop button it starts from the start of the selected loop...
I would like to be able to hit the play loop button running up to the loop in a track and when it got there it started to loop. Like when you click (disable) play loop again it exits the loop smoothly
Is this possible, other than waiting for the end of the loop and then hitting the loop button.
I know this might sound a bit flaky as I think you're intending to allow for users to jump to different loops in the track on the fly.

Also are there plans to enable cue / loop points on the fly?

Thanks
Nelson
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:28 am

Those are very reasonable feature requests. May be able to implement those in the future. But that seems to start to take Maxi-Patch away from being a TURNTABLE-centric app. So for now, a cool way to jam with loop points (and turntable control) is to open the same file on both decks-- on the first deck play it without looping, in absolute or relative mode. On the second deck have it set to play your chosen loops. Juggle back and forth between the two (by crossfading), using vinyl control on one or both decks to get them synched. Hope that makes sense.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 am

Yeah that makes sense thanks.

I still haven't had a chance to set up my decks at home, I'll try it out properly tonight hopefully.

Also about the midi assignment for each cue point, that sounds like it's a must :D

That video is awesome :D
Can you assign a midi note to each cue avoiding the need to use the selector so i can do this?

http://vodpod.com/watch/1190322-mike-re ... utube-live
DJRC420

3D video

Post by DJRC420 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Anybody else out there experimenting with 3D video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feI5Vvyk ... playnext=1
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 pm

hydro wrote: What i was hoping to assign each of the of the midi cc buttons on my kontrol pad, to a specific cue point i.e cue 1button 1, cue 2 button 2 etc.

ANyway just have to wait i guess!

Gonna be testing out mspinky for the first time live this weekend at the community skratch games,

http://nozlrecordings.com/2010/03/16/posters-like/

so will et you know how the new patch goes, with the cue points!
Hi Hydro,

I think I worked out a temporary work around for you. I figured a way you could have two cue points assigned to 2 midi keys. I hope I can explain this well enough for you and I hope it helps.

You need a loop and a cue point with in the loop (I haven't tried with a cue point out side of the loop).

Assign "bang loop" and "bang cue' to two separate midi buttons and use them to alternate between jumping between the start of the loop and the 2nd desired cue point. 2 hotcue points Tah-Dah!

Cheers
Nelson
hydro

Post by hydro » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am

thanks man will try it out and let you know