Maxi-Patch_AO/AV 3.7.6: On-the-fly loops and cue points

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Maxi-Patch_AO/AV 3.7.6: On-the-fly loops and cue points

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Maxi-Patch_AO/AV 3.7.6 for OSX and Windoom is now ready for registered Fan Club members to download. The main new features of this new version include on-the-fly loop and cue point creation and modification, saving and restoring of loop and cue points, and MIDI jog wheel support.

Whereas the previous version of Maxi-Patch_AO/AV required the user to set loop and cue points graphically using the mouse and keyboard, Maxi-Patch_AO/AV 3.7.6 allows on-the-fly loop and cue point creation using MIDI control, or the mouse and keyboard. Map a sequential range of MIDI notes to the loop and cue points, and you can play your loops and cue points using a MIDI keyboard, just like a sampler! Map other notes to the loop modification functions (double, halve, forward shift, backward shift) and you have the ability to create interesting stutter effects, all while simultaneously being able to scratch the sounds using your turntable and your Ms Pinky vinyl!

And did we mention MIDI jog wheel control? With the new version, in addition to scratching with your turntable and Ms Pinky vinyl, you have the option of using a MIDI jog wheel. While the MIDI jog wheel will never give you the same precision for scratching as the vinyl will, it may be a useful alternative for some users.

Hope you like it!
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:08 pm

is there any chance of this being implemented into m4l?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Absolutely. Coming soon!
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 pm

WHOO HOO! only just read this and I can't wait to get home and try this out :D
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 am

Hi,

On the fly cue points are working great!

Unfortunately I'm not getting a smooth transition into my loops, and I've really tried everything I could.

There is a slight pause when I hit bang loop or turn on loop mode to start or enable my loop. I've tried in all three modes, cue, relative and absolute.

I thought relative would be the best mode but all modes have the same result. The pause is silence for a few milliseconds.

Is it my system or is it Maxi?

My System:
Dell Latitude D820
Windoom Xtra Poor (XP SP3)
Intel Core Duo processor 1.66GHz
1GB RAM
Torq Connectiv
Ortofon Stylus

I also had a problem with control CDs last Friday but now that I think about it I might not of switched the inputs on Connectiv to line mode, I'll confirm asap.

Also not all the filters are working any more: High & Low shelf and peak notch.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

The slight pause when enabling loops is a symptom of a slow system, unfortunately. It might help if you had more RAM too.

I just checked the filters and they appear to work fine on my Windoom XP2 system.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Knew you'd say was my system :( No worries hopefully I can buy some more RAM soon.

I'll try a clean install of Maxi Patch and see if the filters work for me, I'll get back to you with results.

Thanks for the quick reply :D
monosylabik

MIDI Mapping Bug in 3.7.6

Post by monosylabik » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 am

I was trying to map the browser to my MPD32, which sends 2 MIDI ports, A and B, and found both Maxi Patch AV and AO MIDI Settings seem to by bypassed. Tried turning all Ins and Outs off and the app still receives notes and CCs from every input. Also hooked up a Kontrol 49 to test this and its input still gets in, with the only way to exclude controllers being setting them to transmit to a different MIDI channel.

I'm on a MBP 2.4 GHz running 10.6.7 and the latest Maxi Patch.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:12 am

OK. This is a bug. Will look into it. But for now-- the workaround could be to set the "Offset" value (in the "MIDI Setup" control panel) for the controller you want to exclude so that it transmits on a different MIDI channel than the controller you want to receive messages from. Will that work for you?
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 am

Yeah, for now I've mapped the browser to free notes I have in another channel, it's just a bit more work checking that the notes I use don't do something else in another app.