syphon integration

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
strontiumDog
syphon integration

Post by strontiumDog » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:11 am

hello
is there any possibility of adding the maxi-patch output to a syphon server so i can mix it with other content in a syphon-enabled app like CoGe?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:34 am

I haven't worked with syphon yet, but since support for syphon already exists in Max/MSP/Jitter, you could add it to Maxi-Patch yourself. We provide the editable patches to you, so I'm pretty sure you could just add the syphon objects to our patches.. For that you'd need the full version (with edit capabilities) of Max/MSP/Jitter.
strontiumDog

Post by strontiumDog » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks very much. I have Max 6 and have tabled this work for myself. I will try and report back here with my findings.

If, in the mean time, someone has already done this, then please let me know - I would greatly appreciate the reduce time to get this fixed up.
strontiumDog

Post by strontiumDog » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm

strontiumDog

Post by strontiumDog » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 am

I followed the idea in the v002 forum linked above and the syphonserver object is not registered until a regular bang of some kind is sent to the jit.gl.render object.

I can do this, but it still doesn't send any frames to the syphonserver as in CoGe or SyphonRecorder, I can only see the listed syphonserver, not actually the picture from Maxi-Patch.

I've not been through the whole Maxi-Patch externals yet, so any reasoning in the mean time would be massive. I've got a gig at he end of june and I was hoping to pipe some video scratching into CoGe.

Cheers
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 am

make sure you've got the mix mode set to one of the "-GL" options. If you don't, I don't believe any frames will actually be sent to jit.gl.slab.
strontiumDog

Post by strontiumDog » Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Hello
I finally managed to get round to this again. What I did was backup and then edit the patches-OSX/Maxi-Patch/MultiModeMixer_Pinky.maxpat file, putting the syphonserver with an in from the slab as directed by vade.

In order to try and involve this module in the overall maxi-patch, I next opened MsPinky'sMaxi-Patch.maxpat>show Max Menus>File>Build Collection/Application then build specifying application in the open dialogue window.

This I thought would recompile the Maxi-Patch object which would cascade to the modified MultiModeMixer_Pinky.maxpat of the same name.

First, the file it suggested to save was not 'Maxi-Patch_AV.app' which is the shipped binary. What went wrong there then?

Then second, I started the app max(6) built and I get

failed to initialize gen domain jit.gen
jit.ql.syphonserver: unable to load object bundle executable.

i get this when i build the same with max5. i added a bang from the new part of the MultiModeMixer_Pinky so I know it would receive information were it to be able to load the bundle executable. this would suggest that the syphon code is not in the build path. i noticed this as earlier i got the message on compile so fixed it. This would suggest that the run time has a path issue, but with built stand-alone max apps i cannot set file prefs like i can within max. this would point to setting run time paths in built max apps but i'm new to this area so havent found how to do it yet (that is, if this is indeed the problem).

What might be wrong?
Thanks