Maxi-patch setup help

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
SD_BaLLaH
Maxi-patch setup help

Post by SD_BaLLaH » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:15 am

Hey Pinkstah and other Maxi-patch users-

Since I'm not able to utilize BinkyToy with my Mac OS Tiger due to driver issues from AudioTrak with the Maya44 USB, I decided to setup Maxi-patch on my desktop PC. I am currently running Win XP with Maxi-patch Audio Only version with a Maya44 soundcard. I'm pretty sure I have everything connected correctly, but I just can't seem to configure the I/O settings correctly? Any help would be appreciated!

-To start off, in audio settings, what do the settings "1 IN 0 - Maya USB", "2 IN 1 - Maya USB", "3 OUT 2 - Maya USB", "4 OUT 3 - Maya USB" mean?

- How should I configure the I/O Mapping in the audio setting, because I have changed the default mappings and do not know what goes where?

THanks in advance for al lthe help.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:25 pm

1 IN 0 - Maya USB (this will be the input from the left deck)

2 IN 1 - Maya USB (this will be the input from the right deck)

3 OUT 2 - Maya USB (this will be the output to your left mixer channel)

4 OUT 3 - Maya USB (this will be the output to your right mixer channel)

Set up the IO the same way with the decks and mixer.
SD_BaLLaH

Post by SD_BaLLaH » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:05 am

Thanks so much DJone37!!!!! I'll go configure maxi-patch and then post my results
SD_BaLLaH

Post by SD_BaLLaH » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:52 am

Its been awhile since I last posted, but have been almost successful. I now have configured my input and outputs correctly. I can play regular vinyl completely fine with "audio thru" option on, but when I try to use vinyl control with mspinky records all I hear is the tones on the vinyl instead of the loaded mp3. Any suggestions?????
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Turn down those Monitor Levels!

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:33 am

Sounds like you just need to turn down the monitor levels in the Maya 44 control panel. The signal path in the Maya's own internal mixer allows the inputs to flow str8 thru to the outputs unless you turn down the "Monitor Levels" for all channels. In Maxi-Patch_AO/AV open up Audio Settings and click on "Audio Driver Setup". The Maya's Control Panel should pop up and you should be able to "Mute" all monitor levels...
SD_BaLLaH

Post by SD_BaLLaH » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:00 am

Great thanks! Now I have vinyl controlof my mp3s, but I still have a minor problem. I am getting buzzing from the mspinky vinyl and mp3 output from the same channel. How is this possible?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Please describe your entire setup

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:18 pm

OK we need to start from the most basic level: I need you to describe every component of your physical setup (turntables, preamps, audio card, mixer, etc) and how they're all connected to each other.

Start with your turntables -- what are they connected to?

Next -- what is the Maya 44 connected to and how? Etc. Etc.

I think it's probably just a simple matter of something not hooked up right.
SD_BaLLaH

Post by SD_BaLLaH » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:42 am

Turntables -> Preamps -> Maya44 USB -> PC -> Mixer -> Speakers.

Its only channel 1 where the buzzing comes through. Channel 2 sounds perfect.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Make sure "Audio Thru" is OFF

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:42 am

Could it be that you have the "Audio Thru" menu item checked in the audio file player region for the channel in question? Otherwise I can't see any way that the record signal can get through to your output unless you have it passing through in the analog realm somewhere. And you did make sure to mute the monitor levels in the Maya 44 Control Panel, right?