lack of wave visualizations and shortened songs

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
dr patient
lack of wave visualizations and shortened songs

Post by dr patient » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:54 pm

i'm using maxi-patch AO for win xp and i'm noticing that some tracks that i drag into the program which can be minutes long are only read as being seconds long.

That is to say then that if you drop a four minute song into the program, the little song length time display will read something like 11 seconds.

Also, with all my songs i've never seen the waves illustrated like in the screenshots i've seen on the mspinky website

all i get is a flat green line

although the music comes out fine

any thoughts?
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:56 pm

From what I've learned from this problem is that sometimes you get an MP3 that has damaged data in it, so Ms pimky can't properly decode & build the song properly (sometimes you get bang??? written in the title area or, like you said-shortened time)

My solution :

1. I take the Damaged song (MP3 or WAV etc. )& open it in a sound editor program- I use Cool edit Pro 2

2. Creat a mixdown of the song in question,delete the original song(only in program though)

3. Save the Mixdown to disk, the program will ask you what type of format to save file to ie... MP3 or WAV etc. Choose wich you prefer.

In this the process, the program resamples & makes a new unique copy of the original file.

4.Load this new file/song into Ms pinky. Should reconize the new version at the proper length. I would suggest removing the old file off you hard drive & replacing with the new as not to confuse the two.

As for the wave illustration, I believe you need to drag & drop all your files into the Batch Wave form Calculation, this can be found in MspinkyMe, as seen in the tool bar.

I think this is all explained it the directions, so it might be good to review.

If you need Cool Edit Pro 2 let me Know.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Couldn't have said it better

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:47 am

Thanks AFreek1000!! You da man. Couldn't have said it better myself. :wink: