Greetings.. and a question

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
flushlefty
Greetings.. and a question

Post by flushlefty » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:29 pm

Hello from Toronto Canada.

With a few tries, some reading, and a little wizardry, I have an incredible little audio/video setup called ms.pinky!

I run a g4 1.33 powerbook OS 10.3.9, 768mb ram, edirol fa101 audio interface, two TC-750 phono preamps, a couple of TT's, mixer, and some big ass vintage ESS speek'rs.

Along with qt's encoded with the photo jpeg codec, I have found that mpeg4(will get exact spec later), work phenominally. I can bring in two 45 minute long flicks and be able to scrub, scratch, mix them up like butter. Like zero visible dropped frames, and low low low latency, forwards or back. All with my secondary monitor outputting at 1024x768. nice!

My only uncertainty is how to disable/hide the titlebar on the output window, in order to get true fullscreen playback? Have I missed a setting? It's a nice titlebar, dont get me wrong, but would just like to be able to further immerse the willing audiences (I might have), at some point.

Thanks for pink things.

flushy
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

(Esc) escape key to toggle full-screen mode...

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:10 pm

Hello Flushy-

I'm sure you've checked out the "Video Output and Recording" under the "Ms Pinky & Me" pulldown menu, right? In the video output settings window there are two options you should play with to see if they take care of your problem: (1) floating output window, and (2) filesystem menu bar.

Also, as I'm sure you're aware, Maxi-Patch can auto-fit the video output mix to the size of your second monitor as follows: with your second monitor connected, just drag the Maxi-Patch video output mix window onto the second monitor and hit the (esc) "escape" key to enter full-screen mode. This should force the final video output mix to fill the entire second monitor, regardless of its pixel dimensions and the pixel dimensions of your output mix window. So let's say your second monitor is 1280 x 854, but the dimensions of your Maxi-Patch output video mix are only 320 x 240. All you have to do is hit that escape key and it will resize your output mix to 1280x854 automatically. If you also select "linear interpolation" in the video output settings window, the final result will look nice and smooth. When in full-screen mode, hit (esc) escape again to return to normal display size.

cheers-

DLP

P.S. Are you a "plushy" as well as a "flushy"? :wink:
flushlefty

Post by flushlefty » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:23 pm

Hrmm.. wasnt aware of the esc function. I probably read it somewhere but it didnt register. I'll try it on for size.

I HAVE played with (1) floating output window, and (2) filesystem menu bar. One gives me a smaller title bar with no open/close/min buttons. the other gives me the standard bar. Both of these without hitting the 'esc'/fullscreen mode though.

I'll test that out apres travaille tonight.

cheers for the feedback.

ps. MIDI is working great. But you've now made me want a knobbier controller!!

pss. i can be plushyflushypixelpusher when needed :!:
flushlefty

Post by flushlefty » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:04 am

Perfect.

Fullscreen/esc solved my title bar non-issue

cheers

plflushy