Maxi-patch feature requests

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
mzo
Maxi-patch feature requests

Post by mzo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:03 am

Two basic things would make ms pinky funner and smoother to use.

Midi controls for the following:

Play/stop (as a note on trigger)

|< (as a note on trigger)

pitch (as a value for use with knobs and sliders)

File browsing/crate:

While ms pinky's file "navigation" system isn't all that bad it would definetly GREATLY benifit from a playlist/crate that you can drag and drop onto the decks from and some support for subdirectories as right now you have to add every single directory and I definetly want to keep my mp3's organized. A playlist/crate list would definetly help alleviate the subdir problem however. I would assume if you can make drop-down lists and drag and drop that you could probably a simple listbox with drag and drop onto the decks without TOO much trouble.

Eventually i'll get max/msp and help ya out since I know you don't make a fortune doing this but until I have the $200 to shell over i'm just gonna have to beg sucka. :)
mzo

Post by mzo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:24 pm

After playing with pinky with one turntable a bit I realized the following midi controls would also be quite handy:

Toggle between Relative and Absolute mode for both decks (so two toggles total)

Either slider values or toggles for Vinyl Control, Audio Thru, File Loop, File Reverse, Fat resample.

I found that when mixing with one turntable if I wanted to adjust the song playing out i'd have to do the following:

Turn off vinyl control the deck playing in

Turn on relative mode for the deck going out

Turn on vinyl control for the deck going out

and then when the deck going out was completely off

Turn on Absolute mode for the deck going out

The less I have to touch the mouse the better ;)
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:47 pm

I add link visual effects midi control

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
Banano

Post by Banano » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:41 pm

Top of my list would be :

Rewire compatibility

But I don't know if you'd have to buy a license for this.....

my tuppence
TequilaKez

Midi

Post by TequilaKez » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:34 am

Midi control of the eq on/off buttons!

It's awesome having the cutoff and q hooked up to midi controller but it totally sucks live if you have to use the damn mouse to turn it on and off.

Kinda takes the spontaneity out of it.

Just curious, is this program likely to be updated at all any time in the near future?

If I bought MAX/Msp could I this feature myself?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

more MIDI control coming soon....

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:16 am

In the next release I'm going to try to include more MIDI controllability in general for everything. Can't promise exactly when this will happen but it is in the works.

And you could do it yourself in Max without too much trouble.
liquidfx

Post by liquidfx » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:06 am

Banano wrote:Top of my list would be :

Rewire compatibility

But I don't know if you'd have to buy a license for this.....

my tuppence

YES! Rewire would be lovely. I would love to be able to use this with Ableton Live!

YOU GUYS MUST DO REWIRE!
simonbal

Post by simonbal » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:28 pm

to get the rewire stuff you need tobe a company im not sure if Ms Pinky qualifies, Anyhow this is what i want,

Better Pitch/Key Lock it sounds horrible even at 0%, better track database, the way files are handled is pretty sucky to not easy on the eye lol, additionaly when selcking a track if you for get to press the 1 or 2 u stop the track that ur playiing :( i think the way this works should be chnaged to perhaps drag and drop :S,
dj_placenta

Post by dj_placenta » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:29 am

I mentioned this in the general forum and I probably should have done it here but getting audio settings to work with more than one set of decks with maxi-patch. Also, switching outputs and vinyl control on and off seems like it wouldn't be too hard to put a set of hot keys or midi controllers too, but I know you are busy.
hm

Fade to black

Post by hm » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 pm

Still, its a pretty infty program taking it to transmediale in berlin at the end of the month....
Last edited by hm on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hm

Fade to black

Post by hm » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 pm

It really needs a fade to black! Say, how hard is it to rebuild maxi patch in max so stuff like this can be implemented? Is it a relatively big task?

In reply to liquidfx...why do you need rewire to use ableton live? I run it through live and dont use rewire. What is it that you're wanting to do in live?