Ms Pinky has high latency with ultra low latency converter..

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
Funkfish
Ms Pinky has high latency with ultra low latency converter..

Post by Funkfish » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:50 am

Hows it going, I finally got all the stuff I need to finish off my Ms. Pinky set up, and so far everything works just as it should.

Minus the latency, I have a Presonus Firepod running on OSX 10.4.5 which has seriously low latency, however when I first started goofind around with Ms Pink I noticed the vinyl could be a little more responsive, so of course

"If it aint fixed.....its Broken!" so I went playing around with my settings and now its really "fixed" meaning broken.

basically now ms pink is really non responsive. I messed around with I/O vector size and Signal Vector Size mainly so basically what do I have to do to get Ms pinky as responsive as possible.

I have a Single 1.8 G5 with 2 gigs of Ram which should be sufficient for running pinky.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Presonus Control Panel?

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:45 am

You're correct in assuming that high latency would not be expected from the equipment you have. For instance, I have a MOTU 828 running under OSX 10.4.5 and latency is pretty much undetectable.

Some things to check:

1) Does the Presonus Firepod have a control panel application for OSX? Maybe there's a latency setting somewhere in their control panel.

2) What are the buffer size settings you're using in Maxi-Patch?

3) Does BinkyToy suffer from the same latency problems as maxi-patch?

4) How many other devices do you have daisy-chained on your FireWire bus?

5) What's the sampling rate the Presonus is set to work at? Make sure it's at 44.1 kHz, or maybe 48 KHz at the highest.

6) What other applications are you running simultaneously with the Ms Pinky apps? Try running the Ms Pinkys stuff just by itself.

7) Do you get the same latency problems if you use Pinky_Pluggo inside a host app (Ableton, Logic, etc....)?
Funkfish

Post by Funkfish » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:28 pm

Here's a screen shot of my set up, seems to look ok I dunno.

also whats the deal with the whole "overdrive" thing and the CPU limiter.

thanks alot

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3T9P ... Q1CY372AQO
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

no ads, please

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:32 pm

Can you please put that picture someplace where I don't have to click on a million advertisements and still can't see the content you're trying to send m e? Just email me the picture, please. No ads, thank you. :wink:
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:55 pm

http://photobucket.com/

Use this next time, right to the piont no bullshit
Funkfish

Post by Funkfish » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:32 pm

lol my bad, didn't know about photo bucket.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/ ... h/pink.jpg
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Looks good, but please answer the other q's

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:29 am

Hey Funkfish-

Well, your settings inside Maxi-Patch_AO look fine. So that answers (2) and (5) from my list of questions. What about the other questions? I'm sure there's a simple answer for this.... (i hope??).... :wink: