Can't Get Maxi Working (G4, OSX 10.4.6, U46DJ)

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
Clusty
Can't Get Maxi Working (G4, OSX 10.4.6, U46DJ)

Post by Clusty » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:29 am

I am super psyched to play around with Ms Pinky, but I can't get anything to work.

:(

I'm using a G4 running OSX 10.4.6, a U46DJ, and a Technics 1200 Turntable. I've only got one turntable plugged in right now, because I just wanted the minimum setup that would let me experiment with 1 channel video effects. However, I can't get any of the software to work.

I set up the U46DJ following your instructions to make it an aggregate device, and I am able to get levels in Maxi Patch monitoring the control tone, but I am unable to use it to control anything.

I am also unable to load any audio files, I can load a folder, or drag and drop, but nothing happens. I am also unable to get anything to work in Binky Toy. I made sure I was downloading the correct versions, and that I used the built in expander, instead of Stuff-It. There is no waveform loading in either program. Although I am able to get video to load into Maxi-Patch, but I cannot control it with the record.

I tested the quality of my single with the classic 12" "I Missed the Bus" by Kriss Kross. It sounds crystal clear through the U46DJ.

It seems like I have a software problem instead of a hardware problem.
Clusty

Post by Clusty » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:57 am

After some more fooling around I got a waveform to load and play in Binky Toy, although I still can't get signal from the record in Binky Toy.

I also checked the Status Log in Maxi-Patch and found all sorts of errors. It looks like this:

Jitter 1.5.2 installed

Ô error: can't fragload MPTCFS_SA~ (missing <MPTCFS_SA~><MPTCFS_SA~><vecLib><>), err -2804

coll: no file BatchFolders

Ô error: can't fragload MPTCFS_SA~ (missing <MPTCFS_SA~><MPTCFS_SA~><vecLib><>), err -2804

coll: no file SoundFolders

coll: no file QTFolders

coll: finished, 1 lines

coll: finished, 0 lines

jit.gl.render: building GL on window "maxi-patch"...

dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Use the OSX 10.4.X Combo Update

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:13 am

Hi Clusty-

This is actually a problem with the OSX 10.4.6 install that you got by running "Software Update.." on your Mac. For some reason, some of the system libraries that Maxi-Patch relies on don't get installed correctly by the updater that comes from "Software Update...". What you'll need to do instead is download the "Combo Update" of 10.4.6 which works for all 10.4.X versions. You can get this "Combo Update" from Apple's website:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/a ... orppc.html

After intalling the Combo Update to 10.4.6, the problems you're having with Maxi-Patch should go away. :wink:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

DLP
djrndm

same problem..

Post by djrndm » Mon May 01, 2006 3:30 am

I have 1 table running into my mbox... video is loading/playing and im getting a signal from the table-- but no control of it?

im running the apple update now to see if it works.