Video AND Audio crossfade?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
Robotkid
Video AND Audio crossfade?

Post by Robotkid » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:32 am

Hi gang,

I'm having fun rockin' the Maxi-Patch (sound card issues aside...)

I'm controlling the video crossfader in Maxi-Patch via a midi controller...is there an audio crossfader as well? I haven't come across it yet. This would be super helpful!

Thanks,

-Robotkid
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:12 pm

Please search the forum...

:cry:

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
Robotkid

Post by Robotkid » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:59 pm

Hi Mudo,

I made sure to search for this topic before I posted, but I must have missed something....? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Robotkid
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Mudo means mute person.

Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:42 pm

If you want to control via midi de audio output, I'm not sure because the Ms. P is thinked in the way of mix your outputs trought audio mixer but maybe you must try with anything else like Behringer Bcd2000...

Mudo means mute person.

Robotkid

Post by Robotkid » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks for your help Mudo,

Those are the exact threads I looked at, and none of them answered my question...Let me rephrase my question:

I was wondering if there was a software-based audio fader built into MaxiPatch that I don't know about. I want to be able to mix audio streams within MaxiPatch without an external hardware mixer.

Neuromixer has this functionality, but I found it's responsiveness with the Ms. Pinky hardware to be not as good as Maxi.

So, if there is no software-based audio fader in there now, consider this a feature request. :wink:

Thanks,

-Robotkid
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Feature Request Accepted.

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Feature request accepted. That doesn't mean I'll get to it right away, but I will definitely think about it. :wink:

Because I think in terms of people using external DJ mixers to mix the audio output of Maxi-Patch, I never thought a built-in audio crossfader was an essential feature.

From a DSP point of view, adding the audio crossfader is trivial. But from the point of view of the user interface, it's a bit more tricky. So if this audio crossfader that you desire did exist in Maxi-Patch, where would you like to see it? Would it be sufficient, for example, to simply allow the user to choose to have the existing video crossfader in Maxi-Patch also simultaneously crossfade the audio?
Robotkid

Re: Feature Request Accepted.

Post by Robotkid » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks for the response, Pinkstah!

dlpinkstah wrote:
So if this audio crossfader that you desire did exist in Maxi-Patch, where would you like to see it? Would it be sufficient, for example, to simply allow the user to choose to have the existing video crossfader in Maxi-Patch also simultaneously crossfade the audio?

That would be a great start...just a checkbox next to the video fader that says "crossfade audio" or something.

If you check out Neuromixer, you'll see how they implemented it...there's basically 2 crossfader bars on top of one another, with the option to link them.

Supposedly there is (or was) a bug in Quicktime 7 that was not allowing Neuromixer to crossfade audio. Just an FYI.

Thanks again,

-Robotkid

PS: I've been checking out Virtual DJ on the PC, which seems to be a great solution for people wanting to mix music videos. You might want to take a look at it sometime. That's what got me thinking about a locked AV crossfader.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:43 pm

Con eso y un dj console se podria empezar a hacer algo... aunque el turntablsim requiere curvas de scratch tambien compa“erooooosssss!!!!

See you...

Mudo means mute person.

djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:08 am

Yeah I'm all in for a "built in audio mixer" as well (with midi support).

I just like messing with ms pinky in internal mode when in my room.. with the midi controller at my side and was just wishing I could mix the tracks and route them to one output all in software....
catarax

Post by catarax » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:37 am

bump :D

just finding my way around at the moment, am not 100% working yet but

yes please audio midi xfade would make more versatile ie can mix with an xternal DJ mixer and / or a midi controller

neuromixer & virtual dj are good examples
catarax

Post by catarax » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:02 pm

just realised that software xfade makes being able to cue up on a dj mixer with headphones difficult....
djtostado

Post by djtostado » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:39 pm

yes please, we need an audio midi crossfade (in scratch mode if its possible)
djtostado

Post by djtostado » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm

and if it is possible the audio crossfader independient from the video one.
kaaamooo

Post by kaaamooo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:44 am

yeah, you are right.