maxi patch - distortion/feed back issue

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
RegulatorJohnson
maxi patch - distortion/feed back issue

Post by RegulatorJohnson » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:38 pm

maxi patch 3.6.3 (the latest doesnt even run for me)

gen 4 vinyl.

G5 dual 2ghz 1.75Gig RAM

m-audio 1010LT card (12IN-10OUT) it is set up as aggregate device set up seems to be ok in maxi.

2 vestax TT's

1 vestax 05 pro

anyway. i can use maxi and it works fine but after about 5 minutes or so it will start to distort and sound really bad. i can accellerate this by blending the 2 records and withing 15 seconds it will distort. i got it to work a bit better by making the aggregate device. but still a problem. i like to use a lot of doubles probably 90% of the time im juggling doubles.

its not the set up, i can use binky toy for hours without issues. i can blend records over long periods with no distortion.

so i think it may be feedback from my mixer. or something odd somewhere. i do get an odd issue where my VU meter for one input on my mixer isnt working anymore WTF. :D i hope its not my mixer but it probably is. its old my wires are old im sure i have groud loops and such.

other wise ms pinky is GREAT maxi is pretty good and binky toy works great.

thanks for your time.
-

statespellingchimp.com

btreemedia.com
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Check the buffer size

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:32 pm

Under "Audio Settings", what are your settings for the "I/O Vector Size" and the "Signal Vector Size"? Both of those should be set to something like 128 or 256, and maybe even as high as 512 in some cases. If you have one or both of those set to some very small value, that could cause the distortion you mention.
RegulatorJohnson

Post by RegulatorJohnson » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:17 pm

hrmmm...

sorta fixed it.. however this feedback affects all my output even from itunes.. i can switch my system output from the aggregate device to line out .. it sounds fine.. b ack to sound card output and its fuzzy and distorted but it i change the sample rate on the card or do seemingly random things to "reboot" the card.. it will come back.. i will mess more with those settings..

no time right now.. have to be quiet round here.

thanks.
-

statespellingchimp.com

btreemedia.com