Crunchy!

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
prog_monkey
Crunchy!

Post by prog_monkey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:09 am

I have had mspinky for a while now, just running one table using the built in audio on my 800mhz g4 titanium laptop. Every application was running fine, sounding good. I have no need for phono pres as I have numark ttx1s with line outputs. I have been looking for an audio interface but cannot afford anything at the moment. So for the time being I got a Griffin imic, aggregated devices and set everything up. It all works fine, except for one thing....the group using the imic makes a digital crunching sound. It only happens occasionally, sometimes only for seconds, up to about 30 seconds..never longer. I have played with the buffer sizes...the audio sounds fine down to 64....except for the intermittent crunching. Are there other settings that could fix the problem, or is it a problem between mspinky and the imic? Also....is mspinky vinyl going to work with m-audio conectiv? Also, couldn't mspinky boost the signal herself in software, eliminating the need for preamps altogether? And one more question..why did I get gen 3 vinyl when there is gen 4 and gen 5?

Thanks for reading.
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Welcome to the world of cheap. :D

My brother also has the iMic and has the same issues. I guess it's normal oO