Am I doing this right?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
sadie8686
Am I doing this right?

Post by sadie8686 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Am i suppose to do anything to the Max/MSP Externals and Patches folder? I opened it up, and I am a little confused. There doesn't seem to be any actions I can take. I guess your just suppose to download it??? It also says to set the signal vecor size and I/O vector size to the highest power of 2 or idealy 256. If there is an option higher, should I put it there? What are my I/O input setting if I'm connecting w/ a Final Scratch2 amp, just input 1-2?

Also, can you record your records or sets directly to Maxi? Is there a file browser for your songs? Is Binky Toy the same thing as Maxi essentially?

P.S. the decks don't work unless the pitch setting is on 1. The right deck was on 1, and the left one was on 0 and not working til I changed it to 1.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: Am I doing this right?

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm

sadie8686 wrote:Am i suppose to do anything to the Max/MSP Externals and Patches folder? I opened it up, and I am a little confused. There doesn't seem to be any actions I can take.
Unless you have the Max/MSP program from Cycling-'74, you have no need for anything in the patches & externals folder. Just delete it.

sadie8686 wrote:It also says to set the signal vecor size and I/O vector size to the highest power of 2 or idealy 256. If there is an option higher, should I put it there?
Keep in mind that the higher the value of I/O Vector size you choose, the higher the latency you will experience with the vinyl tracking. So you want to keep I/O Vector size small, but not too small. If you make I/O Vector Size and/or Signal Vector Size too small you will cause the computer to choke. That's why I recommend starting with both of them equal to about 256.

sadie8686 wrote:What are my I/O input setting if I'm connecting w/ a Final Scratch2 amp, just input 1-2?
At the top of the Audio Settings window, choose "Driver" to be the Scratch Amp. Once you make that selection, the menus below will popuplate with choices that should be very obvious to you. This is pretty much the same deal as any audio program. At the bottom of the "Audio Settings" Window, select channels 1-2 as your inputs.

sadie8686 wrote:
Also, can you record your records or sets directly to Maxi? Is there a file browser for your songs?
No, and yes. I think you need to read the "Quick_Start.pdf" file more carefully. :wink:

sadie8686 wrote:
Is Binky Toy the same thing as Maxi essentially?
There is a very concise and clear description of what Maxi-Patch and Binky Toy are elsewhere on this site that you should have read. Please do your homework before posting questions like this.

sadie8686 wrote:
P.S. the decks don't work unless the pitch setting is on 1. The right deck was on 1, and the left one was on 0 and not working til I changed it to 1.
wuhhh?? Again, please read through carefully the "Quick_Start.pdf" file that comes in the folder you downloaded with Maxi-Patch.