midi control audio & video simultaneously?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
catarax
midi control audio & video simultaneously?

Post by catarax » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 pm

hello new apologies if post in wrong place :)

just wondering if i was mixing audio and was adjusting the bass gain for example with a midi controller could i also map that same midi knob control to change a property of the video at the same time?

cheers :twisted:

matt
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

no problem.

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:53 am

Yes. You can assign the same MIDI controller to every MIDI-controllable parameter in the app, if you want to.

The way I would do what you mention is:

1) Put the audio filter in the deck you're interested in controlling into "highpass" mode. Center the filter cutoff at about 80 Hz. Then map the MIDI controller to the filter resonance. This will have the effect of fattening/thinning the bass response to whatever degree you need to. Map another MIDI controller to the cutoff frequency and you can create very cool sweep filter effects as well.

2) Map that same MIDI controller to one or more video parameters.

Now you've got one MIDI controller that controls bass fatness and video parameters at the same time.
catarax

Post by catarax » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:41 am

hello and thanks for the reply :)

great thats very cool... ms pinky is top on my xmas list :D

when i mix i tend to switch over tracks by adjusting the bass on each record & i thought this would be a cool way to bring in new video track by adjusting the opacity or croma or whatever simultaneously.. not something you can currnetly do with a mixer and dvj-x1 setup yet

thanks