Not playing with certain MP3'S

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
djpash

Post by djpash » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:36 pm

iTunes is a free, and very easy-to-use program. It should be a very easy way to work around this bug (temporarily) until I can (hopefully) fix it for you Windoze people.

I am familiar with itunes...on the windoze version when I right click on the track, I don't see the option to encode to MP3...only to 'create AAC version'

Maybe I'm missing something?
djpash

Post by djpash » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:44 pm

djpash wrote:iTunes is a free, and very easy-to-use program. It should be a very easy way to work around this bug (temporarily) until I can (hopefully) fix it for you Windoze people.

I am familiar with itunes...on the windoze version when I right click on the track, I don't see the option to encode to MP3...only to 'create AAC version'

Maybe I'm missing something?
Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to change the import setting under preferences before a right click would give the option to "Create MP3 version"

Thanks for the help...I think this will work. I tried to re-encode them in audacity + lame and made a horrible mess of my collection.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for uploading those problem files. That has enabled me to see there is a bug in my Windoze max/msp mp3 interface, which hopefully I can fix easily.

By the way-- would you also be so good as to try out the Pinky VST and report back about whether it has better luck with your MP3 than Maxi-Patch?
djpash

Post by djpash » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:35 pm

dlpinkstah wrote:Thanks for uploading those problem files. That has enabled me to see there is a bug in my Windoze max/msp mp3 interface, which hopefully I can fix easily.

By the way-- would you also be so good as to try out the Pinky VST and report back about whether it has better luck with your MP3 than Maxi-Patch?
I'll do that...
djpash

it works!

Post by djpash » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:07 am

I used itunes to reencode them this time around and it worked fine....
djpash

mp3 loads up just fine in vst...

Post by djpash » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:34 am

yeah both load up fine in pinky vst

thanks for your help :)[/quote]
honeo

Post by honeo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:57 am

got a strange proplem, certain mp3's are only play/showing a the first few seconds in both MaxiAO and VST i tried to reencode with itunes but didn't change anything. by the was i'm on windows 7
honeo

Post by honeo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:12 pm

and again... the artwork ;)
solved it, but now MaxiAO is not working anymore, doesn't star up. i think it's because of the changed files
djpash

Post by djpash » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:57 pm

honeo wrote:and again... the artwork ;)
solved it, but now MaxiAO is not working anymore, doesn't star up. i think it's because of the changed files
honeo...

FIRST delete the artwork, then re-encode them...

Initially I tried just re-encoding them (with artwork)...no dice.

I removed the artwork, and THEN re-encoded and they loaded up just fine.
djpash

Post by djpash » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:18 pm

honeo wrote:...by the was i'm on windows 7
Thats pretty ballsy right there!

Haha...I was thinking of trying pinkyVST on windows7 but not AO...I just run AO on a piece of junk desktop that I had kicking around...I used to have a titanium G4, seriously looking at picking up a refurb off the apple site.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:19 pm

If Maxi-Patch won't start, it's probably due to corrupted prefs files. Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Cycling '74" and delete anything that looks like "Maxi-Patch AO/AV Preferences Files". You may also have to download a fresh copy of the app in order to get a non-currupted .xml settings file. Windoze SUCKS :evil:
honeo

Post by honeo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:50 pm

hm i hate that disscussions but... :D
yeah MAC is the best, the only thing i wonder is, why is neraly every MAC-user using Windows too an NO windows-user using MAC.... maybe because MAC is without problems :shock: .... ??? !!!! yiep, yiep, yiep, yiep, yiep this is it

but now. back to topic

for me their's no need to re-encode, just deleting the artwork is enough
ande i would like to have the latest version of ms.pinky apps so i need the new user-data for me, i'll send you a mail
djpash

Post by djpash » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm

honeo wrote:hm i hate that disscussions but... :D
yeah MAC is the best, the only thing i wonder is, why is neraly every MAC-user using Windows too an NO windows-user using MAC.... maybe because MAC is without problems :shock: .... ??? !!!! yiep, yiep, yiep, yiep, yiep this is it

but now. back to topic

for me their's no need to re-encode, just deleting the artwork is enough
ande i would like to have the latest version of ms.pinky apps so i need the new user-data for me, i'll send you a mail
Does access to the pinky software repository expire or did you just forget your creds?
honeo

Post by honeo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:50 am

yeah, access with the old login expired
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:23 pm

But I gave you a new login, so we're all good, right? :wink: