MIDI controller setup Problems !!!!

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
linda_lee
MIDI controller setup Problems !!!!

Post by linda_lee » Tue May 01, 2007 10:53 pm

Hello there,

I'm having problems to set up my MIDI controller with Maxi Patch A/V !!!

I'm using as MIDI controller a M Audio Oxygen 8 v.2.

When i press or move a note/knob on my MIDI controller, i get two values on Maxi Patch MIDI box (note/channel), i write these numbers in the box from the parameters i want to use ...... But when i try to play it doesn't work !!!

Sometimes the channel number that i get when i move a key in my MIDI controller is bigger that 25 ...... and the Maxi Patch Parameters Box just allow me to enter a channel number until 16 ....

Does someone has any idea how to help me with this ???

My system setup is:

Intel Pentium 2.0 GHz - 1 GB Ram - 120 GB
M Audio Oxygen 8 v.2
Stanton Final Scratch 2 AMP
Technics Mk2
Ortofon Concorde Silver

Any help would be appreciated !!!!

Thanks for your time and cheers from Brazil !!!

*** Also .... where i can find more bibliography info about ms pink???
I already read the Quick Start PDF and the info that u find inside the Maxi Patch software. But i still have a few doubts ......
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed May 02, 2007 7:27 am

Can we try to successfully map just one (1) single controller on your Oxygen 8 to a parameter in maxi-Patch? For example, video crossfade. Can you successfully map just one knob (controller) on the Oxygen 8 to the video crossfader in maxi-Patch?

I have an Oxygen 8 (older) and it works perfect with Maxi-Patch, at least on my system:

2.0 GHz HP laptop with 512 MByte RAM.
M-Audio Oxygen 8 (older)
M-Audio Conectiv
Technics 1200
Vestax PMC07-Pro ISP (modified)

Perhaps you need to load an alternate MIDI mapping for your Oxygen 8. There is something from M-Audio called "Enigma" for changing MIDI mappings. I've never used it, sorry ..... :cry: Perhaps you can try using the "Enigma" to change the channel and controller numbers for the various physical knobs/sliders/keys on your Oxygen 8....