Are there skins for maxi-patch?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
nonfinite
Are there skins for maxi-patch?

Post by nonfinite » Wed May 09, 2007 12:52 am

As a windows user, I find myself hesitant to purchase IWS. Not because it's a bad program, but because, from the two images I've seen of the interface, (and I've looked hard,) this thing looks hideous. I can't spot anything that might resemble a list of available files...is that located in the center box?

I'm just wondering...has anyone skinned this thing?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed May 09, 2007 6:22 pm

:lol: Maxi-Patch may not be the prettiest interface in the world... but Ms Pinky still gives you good vinyl mixing satisfaction.... :wink:

As it stands, Maxi-Patch does allow you to change colors and shapes of the various regions of the main window... so it is possible to bring the hideousness factor down to something bearable, IMHO ;-) And yes, the list of files available pops up from the center regions.

Since Maxi-Patch is a Max/MSP patch, the appearance it has is governed largely by features available in Max/MSP. So we are currently waiting for an upcoming major release of Max/MSP in order to be able to drastically change the appearance of Ms Pinky's Maxi-Patch. And we do provide the "source patches" that comprise Maxi-Patch so that any Max/MSP user can totally re-program it (including changing appearance) to suit their own needs/preferences.