Maxi-patch quits unexpectedly

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
hm
Maxi-patch quits unexpectedly

Post by hm » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:52 am

Firstly, I am aware that others have had this problem and I have read those posts...

Setup:

Technics 1210 (*2)
Artcessories DJ Pre 2 (*2)
Motu Traveler
Mac Book OS X 10.4.9, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (I have also tried with TWO DIFFERENT Mac Book Pros running OS X 10.4.10, 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM).

On all three machines I had maxi-patch 3.6.7. I also navigated to MyUserName/Library/Preferences/ and deleted anything that looked like "Max 4...Preferences Folder". But it still quits unexpectedly!

I thought it may have been the MOTU Traveler so I tried an M-Audio Firewire 410 but still the same.

It was actually working fine yesterday on the mac book with the MOTU, however, it now wont work and i've done nothing different to the setup or anything.

HELP! :cry:
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:18 am

Bummer days! :cry:

So there are some more config files that could have become corrupted, and should therefore be deleted. These are found in the same folder with Maxi-Patch 3.6.7 and are the following:

1) maxi-patch.xml
2) audio_folders
3) QT_folders

Delete those 3. Be sure to also delete the "Max4 .... Preferences" stuff again in /YourUserName/Library/Preferences/. Also go into /YourUserName/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ and delete Maxi-Patch_.....crash.log. Now try to start the app again. If that doesn't work, then again go into /YourUserName/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/, find the Maxi-Patch_XXX.crash.log file and email it to me.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Keep plenty free space on your drive, and defragment

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:37 am

Another thing that can cause lots of instability in OSX is lack of sufficient free space on your boot-up harddrive. I would recommend that you keep at least 5 Gigs free on your main (boot-up) harddrive, and periodically run Disk Utiliy (and/or a defragmentation program like iDefrag) to make sure your disk doesn't get fragmented and/or corrupted. The way you should do this is to boot the machine you want to defragment into FireWire Target Mode by holding down the "T" key on startup. Then connect your computer to another Mac OSX machine using a FireWire cable. It will appear on the second machine as a mounted harddrive, and you can run Disk Utility to check it.