trouble using both turntables with conectiv

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
jackonaut
trouble using both turntables with conectiv

Post by jackonaut » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:28 am

hi all. i'm having trouble getting my turntables to control their respective channels. the left turntable is able to control the clips on the left side, but the right table cannot control its clips. i'm using m-audio's conectiv as the input for both, and the settings for both tables are the same.

in the audio settings, i selected conectiv audio as the input driver, i have 2 options for input device (both of which are labeled conectiv audio) and when i switch between them the program switches which turntable is controlling the clip (only the left deck's clip). i have the input/output of channel 1 set to '1 input/output' and the input/output of channel 2 set to '2 input/output'. i have the audio file deck 1 ins/outs set to 1-2, and the audio file deck2 ins/outs set to 3-4. when i set them both to 1-2, one turntable controls both clips simultaneously.

both decks are set to relative mode vinyl, both clips are under vinyl contol, and both set to sync to audio file (i'm using audio/video)

i don't get it. am i missing something? all connections are correct and i have the proper drivers. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:57 pm

Besides the input/output channel settings in the "Audio Settings" window, there are some very important settings that govern the vinyl control that are sort-of hidden "behind" the audio file player regions. In each audio file player region find the little button that says "more". Press that and you should be presented with a control panel entitled "Vinyl Tracker Settings". So make sure those settings are absolutely identical for both the left & right decks. Also check out the signal level meters that are shown there. So you see a good strong input signal coming in on both decks' inputs? And what is the "error metric" reading for each deck? Both decks should show more-or-less the same range of error metric readings. I'm guessing that somehow your right deck's inputs are either not quite set up right, or one or more settings for the right deck are somehow not quite right for allowing vinyl control.
jackonaut

Post by jackonaut » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:09 am

is it normal to have two listings of 'Conectiv Audio' in the audio settings under 'driver' and 'input device'? also in my system preferences for sound it shows two seperate 'conectiv audio' for inputs and outputs. it seems that depending on which one of these i choose decides which deck is controlling the clips.

when both records are playing i'm able to see a signal from the left turntable but not the right. the settings are all the same, with the left deck assigned to input channel 1, and the right assigned to input channel 2. the audio file deck for the left (1) is set to 1-2 and for the right (2) is 3-4.

i'm beginning to think that it's my turntable, but both work fine depending on which 'Conectiv Audio' i choose in the audio settings or mac's system preferences for sound. i'm in denial because i just got it back from the shop for an issue with to the right channel not playing, and if it's still busted i might have to kill someone. i'll switch the turntables around and see what happens.

thanks for the feedback.
jackonaut

Post by jackonaut » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:36 am

YES! just letting you know that i'm an idiot and forgot to reinstall the drivers for conectiv after a recent reformat. both decks are now playing as they should, with the slight exception that the right deck is playing backwards for some reason. any idea why this might be happening?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Elementary, my dear Watson :wink:

Simply switching the left & right inputs to the Conectiv from your deck should fix that problem.