Maxi-patch crashes shortly after opening every time.

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
wintermute
Maxi-patch crashes shortly after opening every time.

Post by wintermute » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:35 pm

I use 2 technic 1210, running into an audio 8 dj interface, the outputs run into my gemini ps-04 mixer. My computer is mac pro desktop with 4 gigs of ram and one terabyte of storage, running mac osx.

Binky toy works just fine on my system, however maxi-patch (AO) crashes every time, Ive tried deleting the crash logs and preferences and run a disk defrag and it still wont work.
...............................1o0.1.0o1..........................
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Corrupted Preferences Files/Folders

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Crashing on startup is usually indicative of corrupted preferences files. There are two places where Maxi-Patch (AO) stores preferences and you may have to delete all of them to get it to start:

1) Go to "YourUserName"/Library/Preferences/ and delete all folders with names similar to "Max 4.X Preferences Folder". Then try to restart the program.

2) If deleting the "Max 4.X Preferences Folder" doesn't help, then you may also have to delete the following files from the folder where Maxi-Patch lives: a) delete "maxi-patch-AO.xml" b) delete "audio_folders", and if running the audio+video version, also delete "QT_folders".

If deleting all of these preferences files/folders doesn't help, then please email me more crash logs.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:52 pm

To close this thread, I should just point out that this problem has been solved by re-installing drivers, etc. for the Audio 8 DJ. From an email with this user: "I needed to delete the previous installation from my audio 8 interface and reinstall it, then re update to the current version, then reinstall maxi-patch. everything works fine now. "
dj_placenta

Post by dj_placenta » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:23 am

I know this is really old but I had the same problem and funnily enough, it just went away. I found that if I am careless and clicking around on my computer while it is loading, I crash it still. Also, if I try dragging opening more decks in Maxi-patch, it'll eventually crash. I imagine it is just the computer getting angry at me. I wish I could have a computer dedicated to Maxi-patch but right now, I don't have the money.