Trouble with Ms. Pinky + Connectiv + Maxi Patch

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
manjaro
Trouble with Ms. Pinky + Connectiv + Maxi Patch

Post by manjaro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi This is my first post. Please let me know if I have left out any important info, or if I'm posting in the improper spot.

I have recently installed maxi patch and M-audio's connectiv and am trying to get vinyl control working with Ms. Pinky.

My Specs,

Toshiba p4 laptop 1.8 Ghz
1 gb of RAM
250 G External HD
Win XP sp2
Latest version of Maxi Patch.
M-Audio Connectiv with latest drivers.
Ms. Pinky vinyl Gen. 4
All audio tweaks performed for XP.
Have disabled every thing extra I don't need . Services, LAN/Wireless, etc.

I have also been able to successfully get connectiv working with Torq and the Ms. Pinky vinyl as well as Dj Decks software and the Ms. Pinky vinyl.

I can load songs and play them useing my ecler nuo 5 Mixer... the only problem is that I have control signal bleeding into input a of my left deck.

I have torn apart the setup time and time again and swapped all cables and even swapped decks. It seems as though the bleeding control signal is coming from the same input rca port on the back of the connectiv every time.

So just to clarify; left and right channel of the right deck play perfectly, absolute vinyl control mode works like a charm. Left and right channel of the left turntable work like a charm in absolute vinyl mode, however the left input on this deck, sounds like half control signal , and half music.

From my trouble shooting it seems to be a physical problem with the connectiv hardware, but I highly doubt it as torq and dj decks work flawlessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

turn OFF "audio thru"

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Thanks for your very detailed post.

Check the little pop-up menus in the audio file player regions of the Maxi-Patch program.

Here is a description of each of those settings:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513

It sounds to me like you may have accidentally selected "audio thru" in the little pop-up menu on one of your decks. Just be sure that "audio thru" is NOT selected.

The only other thing I can think of that would cause the control signal to bleed through is having the big knobs on the front of the Conectiv not turned all the way over to the far right.