Problem with Maxi-Patch

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
dj_placenta
Problem with Maxi-Patch

Post by dj_placenta » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:08 pm

I have recently been getting the following errors on Maxi-Patch audio only:

1) The procedure entry point patcher_resolvebox_ex could not be located in the dynamic link library MaxAPI.dll.

2) The procedure entry point patcher_resolvepatcher could not be located in the dynamic link library MaxAPI.dll.

The first one only happens once, followed by a multitude of the second. The strange thing is that it worked a while ago and only recently have I had this problem. I did (sorry Cycling '74, I will give you money for things) start using illegal versions of Max/MSP but have since gotten rid of them. I have replaced Maxi-Patch easily 3 times and deleted all the preference files I could find and none of that is working. My PC information is below:

I have a IBM (Lenovo) T60 laptop with 1.5GB RAM and a dual core processor at 2 GHz. I am also on XP with I think service pack 2.

If you need more info I can get it. Can someone help please?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Get rid of all files called "MaxAPI.dll"

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Apparently there is a conflicting version of the file "MaxAPI.dll" somewhere on your machine. It was probably placed there by the illegal version of Max which you previously installed. It may be somewhere in your "Program Files" directory (which stupidly is not searched by default when using the Winbloze <<search>> utility...).
dj_placenta

Post by dj_placenta » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that and it didn't work. Any other suggestions before I reformat my computer?