Loss of drag & drop from iTunes into MaxiPatch in v3.6.8

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
taggalucci
Loss of drag & drop from iTunes into MaxiPatch in v3.6.8

Post by taggalucci » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:08 am

Hi

I've noticed that since version 3.6.8 I can no longer drag & drop directly from iTunes into Maxi Patch. I have to either drag the file out of iTunes into a Finder window and then drag it into Maxi Patch, or use Spotlight to find the file and then drag it in from Finder. I'm finding this is less than ideal.

I have double checked this against version 3.6.7 which does still support direct drag and drop.

I have tested this with both the AV and AO versions with the same result.

I am running OSX 10.5.2 and iTunes 7.6.2 on an Intel MacBook Pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
mr.

Post by mr. » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 am

bump....

i feel like the last version of MP AO i was able to drag and drop... and now can't do it anymore...

pinkstah?

anyone...
--- -- -
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:29 pm

How right you are :cry:

Sorry about that. The C-'74 crew will need to fix that in the next update of Max/MSP (the dropfile object).

Please hit up the folks at C-'74 (www.cycling74.com) and let them know there are people out there besides just me who need to drag-n-drop from iTunes.....
mr.

Post by mr. » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Will do!
There is nothing I like writing more then inflammatory letters :twisted:

ONTH... I had this thought that maybe it wasn't working because my iTunes is only a list of pointers to audio files on an external HD.

On my old setup my audio used to actually live in the music/iTunes directory.

Then I tried it ... and I was completely wrong.

My work around consisted of taking my playlist from iTunes and dragging it into a new Folder in Finder (copied my mp3's fresh into a clean directory).
Then running a third party app to tempo map/key map them. Then told the app to RENAME the files with the tempo and key at the HEAD of the file name. So, it's organized now using the shitty Finder Window (but, at least by numbers that are relevant) .
The funny part is that I do any of this.
Before, with records... I would just grab a record that I thought of.. and make the mix work... none of this perfectly tempoed and key'ed b.s. =)
Oh Well.
Hope all is well pinkstah thanks for replying so quick!
--- -- -