a bit confused... "Max/MSP Externals & Patches"

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
upasaka
a bit confused... "Max/MSP Externals & Patches"

Post by upasaka » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:13 pm

Is this a patch to, err, MaxiPatch as such? As in, do we need it to run Maxi-Patch_AO (v3.6.8 )

Second question: in updating to this latest version, and after running the C++ redistributable, do we need to run the Max 5 installer in some sense, or is everything bundled/embedded in Maxi-Patch_AO itself?

Put all this another way: how do I get the correct, latest install on Vista? :?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: a bit confused... "Max/MSP Externals & Patches&

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:58 pm

upasaka wrote:Is this a patch to, err, MaxiPatch as such? As in, do we need it to run Maxi-Patch_AO (v3.6.8 )
No. You don't need the contents of the "MaxMSPWinXP.zip" archive in order to use either Maxi-Patch_AV or Maxi-Patch_AO 3.6.8. Those are only for users of the Max/MSP program itself.
upasaka wrote:Second question: in updating to this latest version, and after running the C++ redistributable, do we need to run the Max 5 installer in some sense, or is everything bundled/embedded in Maxi-Patch_AO itself?
After running the MSVC++ redistributable thingy, you shouldn't need to run the Max5 installer.
upasaka wrote: Put all this another way: how do I get the correct, latest install on Vista? :?
First you'll need to download and install QuickTime for Windows from Apple, then run the MSVC++ redistributable thingy, and then you should be all set to use Maxi-Patch 3.6.8.
upasaka

ahhh you caught me

Post by upasaka » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:46 am

I deleted that post but maybe not quickly enough... ;)

Embarrassingly, I realised I hadn't actually done the unzip bit correctly in the first place!