so...how is this stuff installed then?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
Raggamuffin
so...how is this stuff installed then?

Post by Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:08 am

Hi, I purchased your vinyl and software not to long ago (obviously) and although pinky VST works perfectly, all the stand-alone software fails to start.I followed the instructions on the download page in that I unrarred Maxi-Patch onto my hard drive, but when I try to run the app I get this error message:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

which I would try, but as far as I can tell, there is no installation to speak of. If their is, I can't find it. I'm using Windows XP (SP2) and yes, I did install the latest version of quicktime first, on both computers that I tried it on. Mabye this issue makes me an idiot since other people don't have this issue or have figured it out for themselves, but I'm lost.

Help a brother out?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:47 pm

The Maxi-Patch application is built using Max/MSP (cycling74.com) so it's unusual from the get-go :wink: All you need do is copy to your hard-drive to install.

Since you've already got QuickTime, the piece you're missing is this little thingy:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=813
Raggamuffin

Post by Raggamuffin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:59 am

Good show! Thanks for the help, it's working great now.