Survey | How many of you are scratching with Maxi-Patch?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
skrat.ch
Survey | How many of you are scratching with Maxi-Patch?

Post by skrat.ch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:07 pm

8) Simple question and I would like to get any of the turntablist in this thread

Please share here your experiences, views, and so on. For further understanding I would like to
present my full setup using the 3.6.9 Audio Only.

:arrow: Specification of my full setup:

My left Turntable: Technics SL-1210MK5 (with Ortofon Pro S System)
is plugged to a Berhinger PP400 Preamp which is plugged to a MOTU 828
which is plugged to my Rane TTM56 Mixer.

My right Turntablie: Technics SL-1200MK2 (with Ortofon Pro S System)
is plugged to a Berhinger PP400 Preamp which is plugged to a MOTU 828
which is plugged to my Rane TTM56 Mixer.

The MOTU 828 (Firewire) is connected to my 15" MacBookPro (2.5Ghz with 4GB RAM running OSX 10.5.5)
The Rane TTM 56 Mixer is connected to my pair of Behringer Truth B2030A Active Speaker.

:?: What values do you guys and gurls use?

Mine can be seen here:

Thx. skrat.ch

Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Me pinkyvst and Torq but I will use maxi av or neuromixer (I'm making my own controller)

Maybe in the future SOMEBODY could develop an appz which makes what I need.

xD

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
Bas

Post by Bas » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 pm

I did scratch live with MaxiPatch. I routed the audio to Ableton after that (using the "Jack" app), where I had a whole set running (I play live with a small band), so I could use all the things in ableton, and at the same time scratch using MaxiPatch. This way I could even use EQ and delay from ableton on the scratched signal. The downside was a higher latency, and once even doing a whole show on the same settings I had it on at home, only to find out on the live-recording that I had latency-artifacts every few seconds. Needless to say this wasnt the best setup ever (I blame Jack for most of it).

Now I use basicly the same setup, but without jack. I use a pinkyVST for scratching, and the same sample + video in Maxipatch (routed nowhere, so only the video from MaxiPatch is used in the end). This way I can play with lower latency and a stable setup, while still using the video scratch capability of MaxiPatch. I just set this up today, it seems to work a lot better but havent tested it very much yet.