Maxi-Patch Win MP3 problems

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
Knut
Maxi-Patch Win MP3 problems

Post by Knut » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:10 pm

Hello there!

First of all: MsPinky does a great job! (on all of my soundcards, surprisingly even on the onboard soundcard...)

For me, there's only one problem (using WinXP): some MP3s can't be read and some MP3s even crash Maxi-Patch when trying to load them (same for the Batch Waveform Calculator). I already tried to fix the MP3 files, but no MP3 fix tool I tested made them work.

Does someone know why this happens, which format would work or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Chris
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

please send me bad MP3s or post them

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:32 pm

Maxi-Patch and all the MsPinky apps handle the MP3 files in the same way. Before it starts playing the file, the code scans through all MP3 frames in the file and notes the location of each frame. There are MP3 files that have bad frames, and MsPinky just won't deal with such files. But no file should cause a crash! So if you could please send me one of the crashing files that would be very helpful in getting this problem fixed.

Thanks!

DLP
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:33 pm

mp3fixer will take care of bad frames, in fact it'll simply remove them. It comes with source, the executable is windows only though..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

new build of Maxi-Patch should prevent more crashes

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:33 am

The new build (01/08/05) of Maxi-Patch contains a bug fix that should prevent the program from crashing when loading a bad MP3 file, or one that has some flaw that MsPinky finds unacceptable 8)
danny_bar

Post by danny_bar » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:22 pm

any chance for fixing a loading problem that is caused by files that has some other charecters then english/numbers?

portugaze and spanish files won't open at all...