Maxi-Patch 3.7.1: Audio Crossfader + Improved Vinyl Tracking

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 pm

DJRC420 wrote: 1) Error Metric Readings
Left = -1 Right = -1
Error metric readings of -1 mean the vinyl position decoder is not working. What have you selected in the pop-up menu "Position Stamp Demodulator Settings" under the "Vinyl/CD Control" tab? If you selected "Relative mode vinyl" then that would explain the Error metric = -1. But if you've selected "Absolute mode vinyl" then you definitely have a signal connection problem of some sort.
DJRC420 wrote: 2) Signal Power threshold
Left = -53 Right = -53
Cutoff Sharpness
Left = 2.90 Right = 2.95
You probably have the Signal Power Threshold set way too low. Or you may have your "Phono/Line" selector switches on the front of the Conectiv box set inappropriately.
Since you have your turntables running direct into the Conectiv inputs, you should set the two switches on the front side of the Conectiv box to "Phono" position. And normally you should set "Signal Power Threshold" to between -20 and -30 dB.
DJRC420 wrote: 3) Signal Vector Size
Left = -8 Right = -8 (I adjust these based on the quality of the mp3/wav)
I/O Vector Size
Unsure (where do I look for this?)
I don't think you've understood what signal vector size is at all. Go to the "Audio Settings" popup window accessed under the "Ms Pinky & Me" pulldown menu at the top of the screen.
In the Audio Settings popup window you'll see settings for both "Signal Vector Size" and "I/O Vector Size".
DJRC420 wrote: 4) I never actually plugged the connectiv into the 4 port hub (just the x session pro and the mouse, leaving 2 ports vacant). I didn't experience the nasty audio artifacting on the weekend, so that seems to be solved (for now). I am finding that when I do a big filter sweep I loose all the bass on my left channel. I am certain this happening because my mixer and/or turntable is old and starting to short.
Hmm. OK - hope you get your mixer problems sorted.
DJRC420 wrote: BTW, I was at a record store in Toronto called Remix A/V (formerly Metropolis Records). I mentioned to the gentlemen my experience with Maxi-Patch and Ms Pinky and he knew immediately what I was talking about. He wants to be a Ms Pinky dealer. You should call him, his name is Aly (416) 578-9031.
Thanks for the tip. Have him email me if he's interested.
DJRC420

Post by DJRC420 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:14 am

Here it is you lucky Hosers, RC420's 2 1/2 hour audio/video opus "The Interdemensional Wrecked System" just in time for Canada Day!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeX1wU3nW4U
Borris_yeltzun

Mspinky OSC & Avenue/Arena

Post by Borris_yeltzun » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 am

am having problems getting the mspinky maxi-patch to talk to resolume properly via osc.

i have auto-scale position by file length selected, and am able to send velocity and position values to avenue/arena but avenue or arena will not play a clip properly, the playhead seems to jump to halfway, to the start or to the end of the clip depending on what values i give to theoffset min or max value fields.

would someone be able to steer me in the right direction? or give me a hint as to what values are required for use with resolume.

cheers,