modify patch so looping waveform displays properly?

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
ontheDL
modify patch so looping waveform displays properly?

Post by ontheDL » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:41 pm

I am using a modified version of the Ms Pinky AO patch to play back short audio loops.

Everything is working more or less as expected. I select "file loop" from the drop down and the file loops properly.

However, the position indicator in the waveform display does not seem to be looping. It scrolls "off-screen" after the first loop, and then disappears. If I re-trigger the loop by sending a "cue 0" message, then the position indicator does what I would expect - it jumps back to the beginning of the file. I would like to duplicate this functionality while the file just plays back in loop mode.

I tracked down the "update_indicator" message that's being sent out to the waveform display, but I'm not quite sure how to modify the patch to get the desired results.

I'm a fairly savvy Max user, so if you could just point me in the right direction I can probably run with it.

Thanks
/dan
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:15 am

Hi dan,

I made a simple change to mptcfs~ that should fix this problem. Please download the freshest build and lemme know if that's the ticket. Also propagated this to the standalone Maxi-Patch apps because you're right-- the waveform should loop just as the file playback loops.

-DLP
ontheDL

Post by ontheDL » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the quick turnaround.

/dan
dlpinkstah wrote:Hi dan,

I made a simple change to mptcfs~ that should fix this problem. Please download the freshest build and lemme know if that's the ticket. Also propagated this to the standalone Maxi-Patch apps because you're right-- the waveform should loop just as the file playback loops.

-DLP