Scratch Curve for audio crossfader

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
sebastianmacchia
Scratch Curve for audio crossfader

Post by sebastianmacchia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello, one question: is there any possibity to add a scratch curve for audio crossfader?? so we could use a slider like crossfader for scratching, for example i use a trigguer finguer slider like crossfader and i send all the maxipatch audio signals to ableton to do the scratch curve, but it would be simpler if i can do that with maxi directly
what do you think?

tostado

http://www.vimeo.com/tostado/videos
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:30 am

Hey Tostado,

It's a great idea. I was thinking of that before, actually. I think I can just add a simple "sharpness" control to the crossfader so that it will have different response curves, more like a scratch fader. For now I won't add such a control to the vertical volume faders for left and right decks.

Would that work?
sebastianmacchia

Post by sebastianmacchia » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:22 pm

yes it works
thanks
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:25 pm

There's a new build now of Maxi-Patch_AO/AV for OSX only that has an additional control in the audio crossfader section which adjusts the sharpness of the audio crossfader curve. Please download and try it out, and let me know if that works for you. Once it appears to be working well enough, I'll do the Windoze build.
sebastianmacchia

Post by sebastianmacchia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:53 am

hey, i was trying scratch and it works perfect for the left deck but doesn't work for the right one, when i have the crossfader on the left side and the max sharp i can hear the right deck.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:25 am

I just checked and I don't see that problem. For me, when I have crossfader curve set to maximum sharp, I can move the crossfader all the way to the left and then I will hear only the left deck, nothing from the right deck.

I am using an X-Session Pro MIDI controller for the crossfader, and of course Maxi-Patch version 3.7.1 on OSX 10.5.7.

Maybe you didn't move the crossfader ALL the way left?
sebastianmacchia

Post by sebastianmacchia » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm

YESSSS, PERFECT
you were right, i had my slider values setting from 1 to 127, i changed to 0-127 and now is working perfect
thanks

tostado