MPTCFS:No file currently open!

Topics regarding MsPinky's Maxi-Patch Application
honeo

Post by honeo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 pm

i've installed windows 7 on a second partition an copied Maxipatch to it and now i got this error messages

js: Pinky_waveform.js: Javascript InternalError: too much recursion, line 474
js: error calling function update_indicator

how can i solve it?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: MPTCFS:No file currently open!

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:11 am

honeo wrote:i've installed windows 7 on a second partition an copied Maxipatch to it and now i got this error messages

js: Pinky_waveform.js: Javascript InternalError: too much recursion, line 474
js: error calling function update_indicator

how can i solve it?
The error message comes up because on your old machine you had an audio file open in Maxi-Patch which now doesn't exist on your new machine. So you need to stop Maxi-Patch from trying to open that file. There are several ways to do this:

1) Quit Maxi-Patch. Open the file "maxi-patch.xml" which is in the same folder with the Maxi-Patch application. Search through the file for text that reads "FileNameAndPath_Text". To the right of this text you'll see the name of a file that Maxi-Patch wants to open. All you have to do is set the value equal to "" (two quotes with no space in between), save the .xml file and close the text editor. Now re-start Maxi-Patch. Note that there are two lines in the .xml file that have the "FileNameAndPath_Text" label. You must repeat this procedure for both of those lines.

2) You may also be able to get rid of this error by simply opening a new file by dragging it in from a Windoze explorer window.