DjDecks.........is Blazin

Topics regarding other applications that use the MsPinky Vinyl Control Interface
afreek1000
DjDecks.........is Blazin

Post by afreek1000 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has tried DjDecks recently with MsPinky TCVs. I for one love these two together, the new builds of DjDecks have made the software so reliable(which was lacking before)and as always the UI is so easy and friendly.So just wondering what you think and maybe some feed back.
two_masks

Post by two_masks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:25 pm

I do really like djDecks, but to be honest, it's simply not been reliable for me with MsPinky vinyl.

This is almost certainly a software bug (as djDecks works great for me with FS vinyl, and MaxiPatch works great for me with MP vinyl), but more often than not the pitch in djDecks with MP vinyl will begin oscillating slowly around the actual pitch- and we're not talking the expected minute fluctuations that you see with all vinyl control systems. The pitch variation seems to have a period of 10-15 secs, during which time it increases up to about 1% above, then decreases to about 1% below the actual turntable pitch.

Needless to say this is totally disastrous for any kind of mixing, so I simply don't use MP vinyl anymore. It makes me sad, as I really prefer the feel of MP's vinyl, and the engineer in me appreciates the ingenuity and robustness of the MsPinky signal compared to the super-simple FS timecode, but I have to use what works!

Scott, I know the djDecks / MP combination has been problematic for a while now (wasn't working at first, now this), but any chance of you and Adion taking another stab at figuring out what's going on here? I would love to be able to combine this great software with your great vinyl.
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:27 am

What beta version/ build are you using in DjDecks? There has been singificant improvements in the newer versions peticiluarly: djDecks v0.71 - build #4063, very solid. I too used to have the same complaint, not anymore...
two_masks

Post by two_masks » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:52 pm

Hmm, I actually haven't tried MsPinky at all in about a month- I have the latest build at home, so I'll give it a try a little later. Fingers crossed!

BTW, did you notice the same slow pitch oscillation, or did you have different problems?
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:04 am

two_masks wrote:Hmm, I actually haven't tried MsPinky at all in about a month

^^^^^Do you mean haven't tried DjDeck^^^^ in a couple months?

If so yes the new builds w/ MsPinky vinyl work perfect, I'd say go for it.

Also yes in the past the problems were small pitch fluctuations, and intermedete droup outs-baiscly unusable. Currently I Use DjDeck out when I perform at clubs, so in that situation it performs flawlessly-very stable. I too love the MsPinky vinyl, I believe it's currently the best TCV choice out there.
two_masks

Post by two_masks » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:20 pm

Oops, meant to say I haven't tried the MsPinky vinyl w/ djDecks in a couple of months. Sorry for the confusion =).

Didn't get a chance last night- hopefully tonight I'll learn that everything works great!