pinky plug - scratch up your host (i.e. sequencer)

Topics regarding other applications that use the MsPinky Vinyl Control Interface
andhi

Post by andhi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:05 am

As PinkyPluggo is not perfectly suitable for my application, I wanted to give PinkyPlug a try. Not surprisable though that it crashed all my vst hosts, if it's programmed for an earlier pluggo version as you said.

I'd like to use it with PureData's vst~ patch. As I won't use the GUI, I wonder if it's possible to parametrize your plugin somehow to load a specific file without mouse or keyboard interaction.
miutante

Post by miutante » Thu May 24, 2007 6:26 am

Hey is there any reason you couldn't use this software with 3 x decks if you have a 6in6out soundcard (which I do). I don't have 3rd deck but I'm kind of interested in getting one if it's a possibility.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu May 24, 2007 6:30 am

You could use 3 decks, basically in one of these ways:

1) Use 3 instances of the Pinky Pluggo inside Ableton (or some other appropriate multi-track capable VST host) on 3 separate audio channels...

or

2) Use Max/MSP to modify the Maxi-Patch patches to create a 3-deck version. Also very doable... but would require some Max/MSP programming.
miutante

Post by miutante » Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 am

Greeeeeaaat. Think I might borrow a deck from a friend an have a little play to see if my laptop is up to the challenge. That's the other concern i guess.