Check out the DJDecks app -- a MsPinky-enabled app for WinXP

Topics regarding other applications that use the MsPinky Vinyl Control Interface
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Check out the DJDecks app -- a MsPinky-enabled app for WinXP

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:18 pm

If you haven't already done so, check out DJDecks

http://www.djdecks.be/

A way-cool DJ application for Windoze... made all the more

attractive because it will soon feature full-on MsPinky

vinyl control support.
Guest0r

Post by Guest0r » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:24 am

yep djdecks roxxors :) best djapp on planet and best you can do for mspinky,finalscratch or virtualdj vinyls. so if your virtual timecode dj system makes problems. sell it and get djdecks + rme hardware + vinyls.
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:10 pm

Very true! this is one excellent piece of programming which is growing up very quickly!

Maybe pinkstah should consider adding it to the software bundle..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
two_masks

Post by two_masks » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:27 am

So... I and many others on the djDecks forums have been completely unable to use MsPinky in djDecks, despite having a perfectly functioning MaxiPatch. My signals are clean, but djDecks reports error rates in the 2.5 range, which I think means that pretty much nothing is being picked up. Scott, have you been in contact with Adion, the djDecks guy? Any chance of getting we poor PC users up and running on this admittedly cool app?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Hopefully just a simple case of "versionitis"..

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:14 am

I was in touch with Adion recently. He said he was having some problems getting the MsPinky vinyl tracking code from the SDK to function properly in djDecks. I clarified one simple issue for him and after that he wrote back and told me that everything appeared to be working just fine. So I was hopeful.. but then I downloaded the latest version of djDecks and it still wasn't working. So somehow the build that he tested and told me was working was not the same build that was available for download from his site. I'm still hopeful that this is just a simple case of "versionitis" which will be solved by making sure that the version that is available for download is the very same one that he tested and said was working with MsPinky... ???
Adion

Post by Adion » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:45 pm

Unfortunately, the version you tried was indeed the version that I tought was working.

A bug had been fixed in that one relating to MsPinky, and it had been working a lot better than before when I tried it.

Unfortunately, paulheu and some other users got the 2.5 metric, and sometimes when I started djdecks myself, I also got 2.5 metric (not all the time though, sometimes I could start it up and it would work perfectly)

It seems that olaf didn't have any problems with that version, but he uses Gen1 vinyl, which makes the problem even stranger.

I and paulheu have both been going over the sourcecode used within djdecks to pass the audio to the mspinky object, but we haven't found anything that could be causing the strange behaviour.

If you want I can send you the relevant code snippets again, altough I thought I had sent them already ago some time ago.

I hope as well that we can get it working as it should.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:36 am

Code snippets of all the points at which you access the MPVT_XXX functions would be helpful. Also, I will check into this a little more carefully on my end to make sure I didn't make a mistake in the SDK libs.. :oops:

(it wouldn't be my first mistake...)

Thanks for your patience..
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:37 pm

Just so you know BinkyToy MFC reports perfectly good values.

Correct pitch and position values and metric values below 0.3
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
dj-rowan

great interface

Post by dj-rowan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:51 am

i just downloaded the DJdecks program hoping that it would be quick and easy to get working with msPinky. It was not!

I am wondering what the status is on this compatibility issue? I would very much like to try out this interface with mspinky-- I am right on the verge of having a very powerful setup-I believe. I am very impressed with msPinky so far but i find the interface of maxi-patch AO is somewhat unsatisfactory for my purposes.. i will use it.. but I would much rather a nice GUI with fully functional library, such as the djDecks program...

Anyone have an update for me?

Very egar to try it out...

Rowan
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:05 pm

I have been working with the djDecks author trying to find what is going wrong with djDecks and msPinky, but we simply have no idea where the problem lies. He even send (some) code to teh pinkstah, but also without results afaik..

I'll have a chat when he gets back from holliday to see if anything changed..
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Newly compiled code libraries

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 pm

I've posted a new version of the SDK on the downloads page. It now includes support for Gen3 Vinyl, and I've double-checked to make sure it's working correctly. In order to ensure proper MsPinky vinyl control support, all developers should download the latest version of the SDK.

I've tried to make it as simple as possible to use, and it works in all my test applications, so I have no idea at this point why DJ Decks is not able to correctly support MsPinky. It could be that he's still using the old SDK libraries? It could also be incorrect calling procedures to the MsPinky functions... but they're so simple I can't see how that could be a problem. :wink:

Adion-- if you could send again code showing me exactly how you're accessing the MPVT_XXX functions maybe i can spot the problem. Also make sure you're linking in the latest code libraries that I've posted because you may have an older version with a bug, or one that does not support all 3 generations of Ms Pinky vinyl.
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:23 pm

I'll make sure he gets this ..
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:21 pm

The latest beta for djDecks fixes the msPinky problem! great.. We just got a cool new skin and now ms Pinky works (again).. Life is good indeed!

And by beta i should say version.. as djDecks is more or less in a constant beta stage.. a very stable beta stage though..;)
paulheu

Post by paulheu » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:33 pm

according to Adion the probelem went away by using he new SDK.. no code in djDecks itself was changed..
two_masks

Post by two_masks » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:34 am

Here's another confirmation that we FINALLY have MsPinky support in DjDecks! Works great, everything is lightening fast.

Could this be the indie app marriage that puts Stanton and Serato to shame?